Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Ayew [Abedi (Pele) Ayew]

Abedi Ayew is one of Ghana's and Europe's best football players (known as soccer to those of us in America). During his career he played for Germany, Switzerland, Italy, and France. Ayew was an important part of the French football team when they won the UEFA Champions League in 1993. He played with the Ghana football team (also known as the Black Stars) in the 80's and 90's, but Ghana was not fortunate enough to make it to the FIFA World Cup. Since that time, Ayew has become one of Africa's most important ambassadors.

When I interviewed Ayew with these five questions he replied:

1) Do you think that you have succeeded in your life?
    A) Yes, I have participated in everything that I could dream of as a kid, and I am still young! (added humor)

2)How have you impacted the lives of others around you?
   A) Hopefully I have given the small children of my country a dream to live up for. I want them to believe that they can do what they set their lives to.

3)Can you give me any helpful advise about how to live up to you?
   A) Just go full out in everything that you participate in, don't quit halfway.

4)Do you think that living 'out of the ordinary' like you do is a bad thing?
   A) No, it is a good thing because I can see how all of my hard work is paying off.

5)How would you say your life is over-all?
   A) I would say that it is a successful, crazy life. It has its up's and down's as well as everybody's, but it is good.



Works cited:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abedi_Pele
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&source=imghp&biw=1024&bih=499&q=Abedi+(Pele)+Ayew&gbv=2&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&safe=active

3 comments:

  1. Abedi Ayew sounds like a very good person. I love how he thought of the kids in his home country!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you asked him about life situations and not just one topic! Great questions :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abedi sounds like a great person, and you asked him very good questions!! Thats really cool how he played for Germany, Switzerland, Italy, and France!!

    ReplyDelete